Friday, November 7, 2008

What's Up in KTM?

I am very happy to be back in Kathmandu!
The weather here is like Indian summer - blue skies, no rain, no humidity.

I am living in a large 2 bedroom, 2 bath apt. behind the home of a family. It also has a kitchen, dining room, sitting room, garden...all for less than the guesthouse last time.

I am in Baluwatar which is a more upscale area of Kathmandu. I am only 2 minutes walk from the READ Nepal office so I can put in some volunteer hours with them easily. For now I am scheduled to teach (?) some conversational business English to them week after next. I think this is funny.

Next week I am going trekking with Sudip into the Langtang region to visit his home village. I'm pretty pumped about that.

I could not have a better friend in the world than Sudip Lama. There are no words.
A true friend is someone who has your best interests at heart and he is certainly this for me.

We have been working on the handicraft business and also the jumpstarting of his trekking business. It's a lot of work and a lot of fun!

Cheers to All!

1 Comment:

  1. Laurel said...
    Jules (Julie?) - Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'd love to meet up. My mobile # is 98510.51584. I see you are gone next week - have a great time and call when it is convenient.
    Jai Nepal back at ya!

Post a Comment